Monday, August 2, 2010

WHEN CHRISTIANS SHOULD TURN OFF THE TV

  • Turn off the TV when you start spending more time with it than in God’s Word/Bible.
  • Turn off the TV when you have more interest in the shows personalities than you do in God.
  • Turn off the TV when God's name is taken in vain or godly morals are mocked.
  • Turn off the TV to honor the Lord's Day.
  • Turn of the TV when you go to it for a rest or a break instead of going to the Jesus when you are stressed.
  • Turn off the TV when the authority of parents are challenged, made fun of, or neglected.
  • Turn off the TV when someone is murdered or killed or when anger and revenge is used.
  • Turn off the TV when violence is used for entertainment or sport.
  • Turn off the TV when lust or adultery are accepted even if the people love each other.
  • Turn of the TV when your tempted to lust.
  • Turn of the TV when you are tempted to want what they have or are advertising (its called coveting).
  • Turn off TV when someone steals and it is accepted as good.
  • Turn off the TV when someone tells a lie or misrepresents the truth and it is accepted even for a good cause.
  • Turn off the TV when you desire something that God does not want you to have.

Some (but not close to all) supporting verses:
But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. -Romans 6:17&18

So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I pummel my body and make it a slave lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. -I Corinthians 9:26&27

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, -Philippians 3:12&13

Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. -I Timothy 4:7&8

But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil. -Hebrews 5:14

To have Christ as a treasure we have to protect our minds and hearts by what we look at and listen to...